In order to deliver the Safe and Sound Protocol to a larger number of people efficiently, I now offering group listening.
The advantage of listening as a group is that we get intra-group co-regulation and a sense of community. The buzz of working as a group can be hugely beneficial to some people. It is particularly helpful for people from similar groups of people – for example, therapists learning about Polyvagal Theory, existing SSP practitioners learning about group delivery, or groups of parents struggling with the UK school system!
The disadvantage of group sessions is that there HAS to be a schedule, which the listener needs to stick with. This means listening cannot be individualised, and it may mean that some group participants cannot keep pace with the rest of the group.
Please also note that Group SSP Listening is not appropriate for everyone.
How does Safe and Sound Protocol group delivery look?
Sessions take place over a period of four weeks online, and involve a mixture of Zoom sessions and “self study”.
Sessions either take place in the mornings at 10am, or in the evenings at 8.30pm
- Session on polyvagal theory and mapping your nervous system
- Session on the how the Safe and Sound Protocol works, what to look for and self-regulation exercises
- 5-7 days in which to familiarise yourself with the SSP Connect
- 21 days’ listening split into 5 x 45 minute online sessions (30 mins listening per session max) and co-regulation sessions interspersed with listening in your own time.
- 30 minute 1:1 wrap up session at the end of the SSP experience with me.
What is the cost?
The cost for the full SSP is £200 per participant.
What is the minimum/maximum number of participants?
I need a minimum number of 4 and maximum 8 participants to run a group.
How do I join a group?
Please express your interest in my next group by emailing me.